Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Local Waitress Wins Lotto, Plans To Pay Off Mortgage

Local Waitress Wins Lotto, Plans To Pay Off Mortgage

Woman Says She Was Feeling Lucky

POSTED: 3:22 pm EDT April 4, 2011
UPDATED: 3:33 pm EDT April 4, 2011
A waitress from Lexington said she plans to pay off her mortgage with her $500,000 scratch-off ticket lottery win.Amanda Barber said she was feeling lucky Saturday, so she bought the ticket at a convenience store in Welcome.“I had a feeling that day,” Barber said. “I told my mom that morning if I could only win $500,000, I could get caught up on some things. And my horoscope kept telling me things about money for about three weeks straight.”Barber scratched the ticket in the kitchen of the restaurant where she works.Worth $340,000 after taxes, Barber said she planned to use some of the money to pay other bills and save for her three sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment